Boarder Parents Association
President, Vivienne Coleman; Email firstname.lastname@example.org (Vivienne is from Bedford Park, St. Lawrence. Parent of Emily Year 12 and Jeffery Year 11 - 2018 school year)
Secretary, Trudy Mace; Email email@example.com (Trudy is from Toorilla, Stanage Bay. Parent of Rohan Year 10 and Drewe Year 8 - 2018 school year)
2018 Meeting Dates:
Term 1 - Friday, 16 February. 10.30am morning tea for 11am meeting (Note, the term concludes with the Inter-House Swimming Carnival that morning finishing at 12.30pm)
Term 2 - Monday, 16 April. 2.30pm afternoon tea for 3pm meeting. (Parent teacher interviews are at 11am - 1pm and 4pm - 6pm)
Term 3 - Monday, 23 July. 1pm light lunch for 1.30pm meeting. (Parent teacher interviews are at 11am - 1pm and 4pm - 6pm)
Term 4 - Monday, 8 October (AGM). 2.30pm afternoon tea for 3pm AGM meeting. (No parent teacher interviews in Term 4)
Additional opportunities for Boarder parents and relevant staff to meet in-person are facilitated:
Morning Tea on the final day of Term 3 and 4, in the Seminar Room. This fits in conveniently with picking up children for the school holidays.
- Term 2 Friday 29 June 10.30am – 11.30am (Classes conclude 11.45)
- Term 3 Friday 21 September 10.30am – 11.30am (Classes conclude 11.45)
- Term 4 Wednesday 28 November 11.30 – 12.30 preceding Speech Day ceremony at 1.00 in Duggan Hall. Note this is a day prior to the last day of School, Thursday November 29, with classes concluding at 12.00noon.
On the final day of Term 1 Thursday 29 March the inter-House cross country takes place in the morning, so there is no scheduled morning tea.
The RGS Boarder Parents’ Association is a parent group working in support of Boarders and the School in general, in close consultation with The Headmaster Phillip Moulds, Director of Boarding Stewart Norford, and Heads of Boarding Raquel Mangin and Brendan Handley. All Boarder parents are welcome members of the Association by virtue of the enrolment of their child(ren) as a Boarder. Working cooperatively with the persons named above, the Association maintains a vested interest in the betterment and appreciation of the management and care of Boarders, and the operation and reputation of the School and the Boarding community. Liaison is channelled through meetings once each term, held in the Seminar Room on the top floor of the Islay Lee Learning Centre adjacent to the Spaceframe. Meetings are preceded by a cuppa and light food, and the opportunity to become better acquainted with Phillip, Stewart, Brendan and Raquel and other Boarder parents in attendance.
Get-togethers of Boarder Families and the Headmaster and Boarding Staff happen each year from time to time in districts of our families, advertised well in advance to enable attendance by all who can make it.
Proposed get-togethers for 2018 are:
- Emerald - Friday, 16 February. Casual BBQ Dinner 5.00pm onwards at a venue yet to be decided.
- St Lawrence District - Saturday, 28 April, 11.30am – 3.30pm. Lunch at Mystery Park, the home of Rob and Ainsley McArthur and Andrew Year 10, Lachlan Year 7, and future RGS boarders Hamish, Adelaide and Eliza.
- McKenzie River/Blackwater District - Friday, 19 October. Casual BBQ dinner 5.00pm onwards at Barnett, the home of Peter and Toni Frame and Kasey Year 10, Bob Year 8, and future RGS boarders Luke and Malcolm..
We are indebted to the host families.
Thank you to Immediate Past President Haylee Purcell, for successive roles as Secretary and President. The Association and the School appreciate the contributions and attendance at meetings in recent years of former Boarder parents and current members of the Board of Trustees Kaye Wilson and Josie Volck, whose vision and vested interest benefits the School and the Boarder Parents’ Association. Insightful discussion about Boarding matters takes place at meetings, but the Boarder Parents’ Association is not a conduit for complaints about boarding. Enquiries of this type should be directed separately to Stewart, or Brendan and Raquel, all of whom who are committed to liaising with parents to discuss any matters regarding Boarding.