Wanted - STEAM Ambassadors
With growth in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics) careers coupled with the need for students to develop creative and critical thinking skills, the School is planning to hold several workshops in Term 2, for Primary and Secondary students.
The School is calling on the community and industry sectors to support this endeavour by donating time and expertise via hosting a workshop.
Perhaps you are an engineer or pharmacist, an artist or scientist, or in another profession that draws together the skills of these different disciplines in an interactive way. If so, then we need you!
Suggested ideas are:
- a biomedical workshop demonstrating how technology has improved disease diagnosis and treatment
- a pharmacy workshop where students get to mix and create a ‘potion’
- a 3D design and printing session
- how to design, build and code a sustainable garden
- Science as art
- Virtual reality
- Sports science and technology
- Science experiences targeted at primary aged students
The list is endless and we would love to hear from you if you have other ideas that you could facilitate.
RGS plans to hold the workshops during Term 2 on a Thursday afternoon from 3.30pm to 5pm:
- Week 3 (9 May)
- Week 4 (16 May)
- Week 6 (30 May)
Any basic resources can be arranged by the School and presenting equipment is also available.
If you are interested, please consider:
- the target age bracket
- workshop duration (aim is 1-1.5 hours and it could be one session or run for several weeks)